Friday, April 23, 2010

Contest Winners: Elementary Category

1st prize: Valerie Hicks

Losing My Head

I lost my cap
I lost my mom
I lost my map
And my brother, Tom

I can’t find my book
I can’t find my pen
I can’t find my hook
I can’t find my hen


I can’t find my trash
I can’t find Sam
I can’t find my cash
I can’t find my ham

I can’t find my marker
And I lost my hat
But, I’m really smarter
My mother said that!


Biography: I am 8 years old
I am a student at Hanover Street Elementary School.
I am new to poetry.




2nd prize: Jayson McCamant

The Dream


I had my dream
I lost my theme
I lost my junk
I lost my funk

My sister’s five
I have a chive
A beehive fell
On number five

I play tough
And my brother’s rough
When he eats pie
I say, “You’ll die!”

I lost a few
Good Mountain Dews
I made a tie
And I could not fly


Biography: Age 8, Grade 2
Teacher, Mrs. Connie Speck
Hanover Street Elementary School



3rd prize: Jesse Israilian

FROG FOG


There was a frog
That didn’t jog
Because of fog

One day he went
To find a log
In a small bog

Then came a dog
Then a big hog
Then came some fog

Finally the frog
He found a log
And scared the hog

Then scared the dog
And was no longer
Afraid of fog


4th prize: Jessica Morales

I’m a Mess


My name’s a mess
But at least
It’s not a chest

When I need to clean
I use a machine
And I just lean

I can’t find my cap
And I can’t find my snap
So I just tap

I can’t find my
pink in ink
with the little sink

If I don’t have a pig
I won’t wear a wig
Or do anything big

I always take
My extra cash
And put it in the trash

I keep my power
In the tower
Away from the flower


Biography: Age 8, Grade 2
Teacher, Mrs. Connie Speck
Hanover Street Elementary School

No comments:

Post a Comment