Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summer Poetry Initiative

As we enjoy the summer weather and get outside, we experience many new sensory details around us. This month I published poems by poet Anne Higgins. In her poem, "Cherry Tomatoes," she reveals a sensory experience of sitting in a garden and eating cherry tomatoes. Any sensory experience, no matter how simple it seems, can move us to want to write about it. My challenge to you throughout the month of July is to post a poem a week here on my blog. You can also email me your poems, and I can post them on here myself. (bradyke@gmail.com)

Next time you sense something amazing in your summer activities or travels, take some notes and share your experience with us!

I'm looking forward to reading all the new poems of the season! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment