Tuesday, May 10, 2011

No Greater Love

On Sunday, May 15, I will be reading a poem at "No Greater Love," a memorial for 9/11. The event will honor those who served and who were affected by 9/11, but also those first responders and everyday heroes who serve us every day. The event is at SWHS, and there are two times: 2 and 4 p.m. Also featured in the event are the Hanover Symphony, Hanover Community Singers, Mayor Adams, and the state police. Tickets must be reserved ahead of time through the Hanover Community Singers, but are free.

1 comment:

  1. The 9/11 Memorial event yesterday was incredibly moving. I am so honored to have been a part of it. Special thanks to Scott Fredericks, Klaus Molzahn, and all the participants. I feel blessed to have connected with new people in inspiring ways. My favorite part, and the one that moved me the most, was when a retired Marine, who could barely stand, stood to sing the Marine song. He sang it with all the pride and energy he could muster. Thanks to all those who serve our community and make it a better, safer place! If you couldn't make it, check out my poem in the Evening Sun next Sunday!

    ReplyDelete