Saturday, March 26, 2011

2nd Annual Poetry Contest for National Poetry Month

I am now accepting entries through the end of April for my second annual poetry contest. Please send up to 3 poems to bradyke@gmail.com, including "Contest" and your age group in the subject line. The age groups are: elementary, middle school, high school, and adult.

Feel free to send original work or to respond to the following prompt:

We all experience changes in our lives. No matter how large or small, these changes often force us to go through some kind of transformation. We always retain our roots, but inevitably, we gain something in the process. Write a poem about a transformation you have experienced in your life. How did this change affect you or your environment?

If you have any questions, send me an email! I look forward to reading your work.

1 comment:

  1. As of today, April 15, I only have four entries for the contest, and they are all high schoolers. Send me your poems! :)

    ReplyDelete