Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Week in Hanover Area Schools

I had the great opportunity this week to meet with several educators and administrators in the Hanover area, in hopes that I can be involved with students and faculty during my tenure as Poet Laureate. My ideas for collaboration were met with much enthusiasm, and I'm excited about the partnerships I've started with educators in the area. I'd like to especially thank the following individuals for their time and openness for poetry:

Mr. Samuelsen, Principal of Hanover High School
Mrs. Smith, Faculty of Hanover High School
Mr. Krout, Principal of Washington Elementary
Ms. Porter, Librarian at EHMIS
Mr. Duckworth, Principal of EHMIS
Mr. Graves, Principal of South Western High School
Mrs. Greenholt, Librarian at South Western High School
Mrs. Kern, Faculty of South Western High School
Ms. Alric, Faculty of South Western High School
Mr. Wilcox, Faculty of South Western High School
Mr. Hershner, Principal of Hanover Street Elementary

I'd also like to say a special thanks to Mr. Vega, Mrs. Brodbeck, and their classes at South Western High School for allowing me to come into their classrooms and teach a poetry lesson this week. I really enjoyed my time with the students creating weather metaphors and freestyling. :)

I wasn't able to get around to all area schools this week, but if you'd be interested in partnering with me, please stay tuned. I plan to post videos on the blog that will introduce myself and my ideas to faculty and students. Also, feel free to contact me with your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment